Eagle Global Logistics - Total Destruction of Insured Freight, Refusal to Compensate

Portland, Oregon 0 comments

Several years ago our company contracted with Eagle Global Logistics (EGL)to ship a large cabinet of electronics from our factory across the country to a customer in the East (a university). We bought extra insurance from Global, because it was worth more than the nominal insured value per pound. Shortly after shipping it they could not tell us where it was- it could not be tracked. We called them every day, sometimes several times a day, trying to locate it. It was finally found by the university. A different address had been placed over the one we had applied ( still present under it and readable) to an obscure part of the university, where it could not be located for a week. This seems to us to have been a deliberate act to escape the responsibility for the consequences.

The device had been totally destroyed. Every face of the heavy steel cabinet was stove in several inches, including the top and bottom. Everything inside was totally smashed and useless.

Eagle Global then refused to pay for the damage, because it wasn't reported within 24 hours. Of course it wasn't, as their false address made it impossible to find. We were never able to collect anything from them on our claim, and were left with a loss of many thousands of dollars.

We will certainly never ship anything with this company again.

Review about: Shipping.

Eagle Global Logistics - CEVA/Eagle Logistics-Never Delivered

Tyler, Texas 11 comments

I recently ordered 6 flat screen monitors from Dell for my company. I was to receive the order 3-7 business days through CEVA.

When the order didn't arrive on the 9th business day, I started trying to track it down. Dell's tracking told me that CEVA had the shipment, but could not give me a estimated delivery date.

After 15 days of waiting, I had to cancel the order on Aug.1st. Today, the 12thy, still no credit from Dell, and no monitors for CEVA. A Hugh Disappointment.

I have been a loyal Dell customer for years... Never had any problems when UPS and FED EX were the carriers. Hope Dell and CEVA are happy. I hope to never have to use either again!!!!

L Sims

San Marcos TX

Comments

Eagle Global Logistics aka CEVA was awful.Dallas Texas office not helpful, THREE different delivery dates/times came and went with NO delivery.

Representative had NO tracking info.

If ordering furniture like I did, INSIST on a different carrier.This company is incompetent with disgruntled employees.

:cry

Same experience.Ordered some Dell servers for a critical issue we were having, purchased next day delivery, Eagle (CEVA) was a no show.

Still waiting for delivery.

No method of contact.Their website doesn't provide a phone number, just a contact form.

:( I ordered a new top of the line printer from Dell and it was shipped via Eagle.Delivery day came and I received a call that the printer had arrived too late to be on the days delivery truck.

Eagle representative was soo vague as to when I might get delivery. So I said, lets do Monday at 12:00 noon. Too which she replied, well sir we like to have a four hour window for delivery. I said, OK.

let's do Monday 8:00-12:00noon. Ok that should be alright she replied. I have make a lot of purchase's from Dell, but if I have to deal with Eagle Shipping again, I will look elsewhere to buy.

My previous shipments have been through UPS and FedEx with NO problems with the product arriving when scheduled.DON't do shipping with Eagle if you want it on time....

Called and confirmed delivery date of 12/24/09. CEVA never showed up! They didn't even call makes me not want to ever order anything from amazon again.

Organized to have my car shipped by ceva Alice springs.My car set in there yard in alice for more than a week after being told by CLIVE that it was to be shipped that night to sydney.that was 8 th.

Sept 09 today is 21st sept and still no car in fact ,i was told it might not be until the end of the week.

In the meantime it costs us $85.00 per day in car rentals.some comensation towards car rentals could make us feel better VERY POOR SERVICE CEVA ALICE SPRINGS AND CLIVE Dont ever try to make it in civilization :(

Same problem here; CEVA & Dell Sucks

ordered a projector screen from a company. Driver never showed up and no one seems to know where the projector screen is.

had heavy goods that needed to be transported from one end of a street to the other about 2 miles, took them 2 weeks to deliver, then goods were missing or damaged. They are just a bunch of crooks.

missed .. it was ceva eagle delivery.

similar experience here. Brought TV from dell. Delivered in 23rd working days (not counting weekends) when it supposed to be 3-5 business day.

Eagle Global Logistics - CEVA logistics sucks

Albany, New York 8 comments

I ordered a TV through amazon.It was shipped with CEVA.

Somehow, my phone number was on the order and they never bothered to email me. After waiting for a week after it was shipped, I contacted CEVA to find out that they never had my number. I had waited to give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps its a busy shipping season. The order tracking was never updated to show any issues.

Tracking with CEVA is essentially useless. Was my order to wait forever for me to contact them? Why couldn't they just contact me?

too cheap for 411?

Review about: Shipping.

Comments

Since the CEVA purchase of EGL wasn't finalized at the time that Las Vegas mgr was hired, you ought to be thanking previous owner Crane for allowing such arrogance in his company. If the guy is still there, nobody has reported him, and shame on those who knew/suspected wrongdoing and didn't report it! Proud to be a CEVA employee, much better top management with them - true pro's who will never be charged with sexual harassment or with frauding th4e feds.

#119476

DELL,AMAZON,BACK IN THE DAY COMPAC,HOT TUBS, WALMART?,TYCO, COKE, ALCOA, PRATT AND WHITNEY, CAROLINA COUPON, NOKIA.

#119474

IF YOU EVER HAVE A MUTIPLE SHIPMENT SENT TO YOU.YOU NEED TO FOLLOW UP ON YOUR PARTNERS.

SINCE ONE MIGHT HAVE A 7 OR 8AM DELIVERY YOU WILL STILL GET A AM BY 1200PM CHARGE ON YOUR BILL ON THE SAME DRIVER. SINCE I WAS A EX DISPATCHER THAT ALSO RATED ALL OF THE DRIVERS SO CALLED MANIFEST. A DRIVER MIGHT MAKE 300.00 DOLLARS ON HIS RUN BUT IF HE HAD MULTI SHIPMENTS TO THE SAME COMPANY.

THE COMPANY (EGL) MADE A KILLING ON ALL SHIPMENTS TO THE SAME CUSTOMER.EITHER BY THE SHIPPER OR THE CONSIGNEE.

#119468

IF YOU EVER HAVE A LATE PICK UP THAT IS AFTER THE SO CALLED REGULAR PICK UP TIME.YOU'R BETTER OFF WAITING TILL THE NEXT DAY.

SINCE THEY HAVE NO GUARANTEE THAT YOUR SHIPMENT WILL MAKE IT ON TIME.

LOOK AT THE FINE PRINT ON THE BACK OF EACH BILL.ALSO IF THE SHIPMENT IS BY CIRCLE(EAGLE) GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#119466

DO YOU EVER WONDER WHY JIM CRANE(FOUNDER OF COMPANY) GOT OUT BESIDE FROM HIS DIVORCE.

ALSO LOOK AT THERE EMPLOYEE STOCK OPTIONS BEFORE THEY WENT PRIVATE?

JIM CRANE MADE OFF LIKE A BANDIT EACH TIME THE REPORTS CAME OUT. BEFORE THE COMPANY STOCK WENT DOWN. WHICH I DID FALLOW ON OUR COMPANY WEB NEWS

North Weeki Wachee, Florida, United States #51328

I know the sob at the vegas terminal, he use to work for our company .you are both right about him, we had items come up missing as well as he thought he was the best terminal manager ever to walk the earth, so errogant and self centered,a real turn off to everyone we were glad to see him go, no one liked him .

if he has stayed much longer he would have been in jail by now, where does a person like that get off thinking the world owes him. you said it right he is a real looser.

i cant believe he is still employed.i guess some companies are just dumb enough to hire the ***>

North Weeki Wachee, Florida, United States #51325

Yes he is a thief and a self centered *** as well, I have met some really dumb *** *** in my day, but when i met the vegas term mgr i realized he was really the most arrogant *** i have ever met in my life. 5 minutes into the meeting just listening to hiss ***, you would think he invented and owned the company, what a looser, he needs to get his *** canned and get him a job at burger king, thats where he belongs, thanks ceva for hiring such a looser!!!

North Weeki Wachee, Florida, United States #50873

the problem is the term mgr in vegas is a thief, he is under investigation i hear, i bet he has a few flat screen tv's in his house along with a dell computer and flat lcd monitor in every room compliments the people who payed for them and expectd them to be delivered.

Eagle Global Logistics (also called CEVA) delivered damaged TV

Madison, Alabama 5 comments

I ordered a Samsung LCD TV from AMAZON.COM.The shipping company of choice for AMAZON.COM is CEVA or Eagle Global Logistics.

After waiting for 11 days, finally the TV was delivered on July 9, 2008. The first think I noticed was the damaged box. It was damaged on several places that indicated rough handling. But then I thought that with all the expanded polystyrene foam inside, the TV should be OK.

After opening the box I found pieces of crushed Styrofoam and a broken TV.

Apparently the handling has been so rough that it crushed the Styrofoam inside the box and damaged the TV.

Review about: Samsung Lcd Tv.

#119422

DON'T FEEL BAD.IF YOU EVER USE CEVA(EAGLE GL) THIS IS WHAT IS DONE.

WHEN EVER THEY GET A SHIPMENT THEY HAVE A PROCEDURE THAT IS IN STONE TO THEM(MANAGMENT). ONLY DELIVER THE SHIPMENT WHEN IT IS DUE NO SOONER. FOR EXP. THERE SHIPPMENT RATES ARE.

ONE HOUR, SAME DAY 4HOUR WINDOW(LOCAL ONLY), AND HOT SHOTS? WHEN IT GETS THERE IF THEY HAVE A SPECIAL DRIVER WAITING?. ON DOMESTIC RATES. NEXT DAY AIR BY 8AM, 12PM, AND BY 1600.

3DAY,5DAY, AND ECONOMY RATES. IF ANY THING GO'S WRONG LIKE SHIPPMENT IS SENT TO THE WRONG HUB, DATA ENTRY ERROR, FLIGHT IS DELAYED IF SENT ON A COMMERCIAL FLIGHT SINCE THEY DONT OWN THERE OWN AIRCRAFT EVEN THOUGH THERE SALES PERSONS SAY THEY DO. OR CAN'T FIND A DRIVER TO DELIVER THE FREIGHT. YOU ARE STILL STUCK WITH THE FREIGHT CHARGE THAT WAS GIVIN TO YOU PRIOR.

READ THE SO-CALLED FREIGHT BILL ON THE BACK FINE *** PRINT. BY THE WAY AT LEAST 95% OF ALL THERE DRIVERS ARE CONTRACTORS SO THATS WHY THEY HAVE TO SEE WHEN THEY CAN MAKE A DELIVERY.

ON RESIDENTIAL DELIVERIES GOOD LUCK THEY HAVE A 4HOUR WINDOW.AND THATS IF THEY HAVE ALL THE INFO TO SET IT UP.

North Weeki Wachee, Florida, United States #50872

i hear the las vegas terminal mgr is being investigated for some shady operations, i also hear he is quiting in feb and moving out of state to avoid criminal charges, you can run but you cant hide from the feds.

North Weeki Wachee, Florida, United States #50871

the vegas warehouse are good at loosing your goods, alot of laptop computers arrive there but are never seen again, funny isnt it.

Ordered a TV through Amazon.com / CEVA shipping.The package arrived at the local hub in two days.

After 3 more I still hadn't received a call from CEVA. I called them 3 times in 3 days and was told to wait for the call from them. Finally, the 4th time I called I got persistent. Spoke with a dock manager and was told that CEVA would call me when it was convenient for them.

They deliver the day after they call. After yelling at me for thinking the world revolved around me, I explained that I would need to *** of work. If they called me I wouldn't get the message till I got home, so I wouldn't be able to get off and the delivery would have wasted THEIR time and money. I asked what number he had for me.

HE DIDN'T HAVE A NUMBER FOR ME ON THE BILL!!!!! So I'm waiting for a call, that was never going to come. Towards the end of the call they were a little nicer, but I put up with a lot of BS from them to straighten out this mess. Note: I filled everything out on Amazon.

This was not something I did wrong.

Still waiting for delivery....Maybe they can still redeem themselves, but so far Service and Customer Service has been miserable.I've gotten better service from the DMV.

Arhus, Arhus, Denmark #40305

I RECENTLY USED CEVA FOR A SHIPMENT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DELIVERED 3 DAYS LATER

AND IT DIDN'T GET THERE ON TIME. AND THEY STILL WANTED TO CHARGE ME A VERY HIGH RATE . I'M WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

Eagle Global Logistics - Ordered through Dell, Shipped through Eagle

Tacoma, Washington 4 comments

I ordered a Large LCD TV from Dell and all was well. They provided me with a tracking number and a website where I could view it's progress.

I was given a delivery date and it coincided with Eagle's parent website CEVA. I took that day off from work since it needed to be signed for.

After waiting all day and night I called Eagle and they asked me if I made an appointment. I was informed that they need the customer to call them to set up an appointment. I was never informed of this by Dell and Eagle never called me.

To make matters worse, they didn't even have my correct address on file. Now I have to take another day off and lose even more money. Screw Eagle, Screw Dell, Screw CEVA Logistics.

Review about: Large Lcd Tv.

Comments

I also worked for them. They had poor management and treated their employees aweful. I felt liked no one cared for the customers as well.

Used to work for them.When they were TNT they were OK.

Once they joined with EGL the management went way downhill.More interested in they're own bonus (management)than the customers or people working for them.

CEVA SUCKS , THIS IS A COMPANY THAT HAS NO IDEA OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING , STICK WITH FEDEX OR UPS , AT LEAST WHEN YOU TRACK YOUR PACKAGE IT TELL´S YOU WERE IT IS...

Same problem here. Screw CEVA, EAGLE, & DELL; CEVA promised to call today & let me know what's going on & never did